Saturday, February 15, 2014

Obligatory Winter Post

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... Because I'm on bed rest! I'm fine with these fluffy flakes floating gently from the sky and coating everything in a deadly ice, but it had better be done by the time I'm walking. For those who don't know, my toe was moved 9mm to correct a genetic bunion and a plate inserted to hold it in place. I am not in pain, my mom bought me dark chocolate and my younger siblings now function as minions for my bidding, so all in all it's not a bad gig.
Bed rest has been somewhat busy, surprisingly enough. In between hobbling around the house on crutches (or, as my five year old sister likes to call it, "crunching"; I love how athletic she makes me sound!), I have been crocheting quite a bit. Lots of baby stuff! And - drum roll please - I will be opening up an Etsy store! My mom has tried to convince me to sell my finished products for years, but with an afghan taking 60+ hours to make, it's not usually worth it to sell it for much less than what it's worth it for me. However, baby items are so much fun to make, take much less time, my skill level is now high enough to actually make them and I currently have plenty of time to complete my patterns. I've been experimenting with animal faces on the hats, as well as flowers for the traditional girl items. I am looking forward to getting my page up and running with all my items on it! I am also looking forward to baby showers. With several friends who are expecting (one with twins!), I'm sure I will be occupied until I am mobile again. If you have any suggestions on what I should try next, let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment