Saturday, January 4, 2014

Why Everyone Should Carry Bobby Pins Or Why I Never Have What I Need When I Need It

You know the feeling, the one you get when you suddenly realize that important item you *need* is no longer in your possession. Whether it be a school textbook or your favorite pair of shoes, we have all been there. Which is why I am a firm believer in bobby pins. Whether you call them bobby pins, kirby grips or those-things-my-sister-sticks-in-her-hair, they all serve the same purpose: almost anything. Whether you need a paperclip, help taking a stubborn tack out of a wall or just unlocking that door you didn't mean to close, they suddenly find a whole life of their own and accomplish amazing things. Now, I'm not saying they're magic, but
they are certainly the next best thing. For Christmas, my seven year old sister gave me 120 bobby pins. It's not that I've lost all of my bobby pins. For instance, there's probably some still stuck on the hem of the underskirt of my swing dancing dress (I'm big on being inconspicuous. What? Stop laughing!), one in my wallet (for emergencies), and certainly some somewhere in my purse with assorted bits of sediment of unknown origins (Not so sure I want those in my hair anymore... We'll just save those few for breaking out of places in a pinch.). The Boy Scouts motto of being prepared is a good one, but I like to think that you never need to be prepared as long as you can adapt. Either that, or I need to work on my packing skills.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOOHHHHHMMMMMMMMYYYYYYGGGGGGGGOOOOSSSSSHHH!!! You knows whats cray-cray?!?! MY SISTER DOES ALL OF THOSE THINGS!!! She thinks its super adorbs but its, like, tots weird. I didnt realize someone other than her used a those-things-my-sister-sticks-in-her-hair to get a tack out of a wall tttooo!! She uses and looses SSOO MANY its insane!!! (I think she is too!) But any-who great MacGyver skilllsss!!!! Tots cray-cray. Just, just tots.

    ReplyDelete