Monday, November 7, 2011

Life At A Portrait Studio

Warning, this post is not for the faint of heart. It is also not responsible for sudden rises in blood pressure, strange animosity or an intense desire to join NanoWriMo. These symptoms can usually be attributed to conversing with Millard.

Working at a portrait studio can be stressful. Temper tantrums, meltdowns, hysterical crying, and THEN you have to deal with the kids. There's angry customers, kids that hit and throw things and try to run away, moms that blame you for their kid not having model worthy pictures...
Did I mention I love my job?
I'm officially the go-to person for kids who won't smile. Yup, that's right. I get the worst sits, the kids who cry, the kids with the attitude problem, the ones who decide they are NOT getting their pictures today. And I wouldn't trade my job for another.
So, everybody think I'm crazy yet? I rarely, if ever, get to go home early. Last time I did was a year ago when I passed out while working. I'm usually the last to clock out, the one who has to shut the studio down once everyone else is gone and probably at home eating dinner. And I wish I could do it more days of the week.
There's something about it that has an irresistible draw for me. Is it seeing people at their best and worst? Serving people whether you think they deserve it or not? Because I work my best under stress? Naw, it's probably because I'll never see these people again instead of babysitting my siblings. Who I usually see again. Of course, there is this one that I'm pretty sure we're missing.... But that's another story for another time :)

2 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH!!! YOU FAINTED?!?! ARE YOU OK?! HOPefuLLY YOU ARENT IN A COMA AND FIGHTING FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you were tho itd be tots halarious if you were able to respond to this. I mean you posted eaerlier so you must have some secret mind-wizard powers! Or youre a witch and put a spell over everyone to believe you are. Or youre the Doctor (or his assistant) and are time traveling and posting this as you are laying on your death bed. How cool would that be? (Not being a witch even though itd be tots hilarious to flyon a broom) You? Time traveling? Hahahahahahahahahaha Like thatd EVER happen. Hahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahah thats fuuunnnyyy.

    ReplyDelete