Saturday, September 17, 2011

Perspective

It's amazing how much things can change based on how you look at it.
I had the best summer ever! I took a trip to Michigan to visit a friend I haven't seen in two years. While I was there I went kayaking, saw the clearest stars ever, went down a 200 foot slip n' slide with the youth group, made a dress and learned to swing dance. When I got back I went to North Carolina, had a great time at the beach, and outran Hurricane Irene.
I learned to swing dance again (who knew there was so many types?), taught a friend to crochet, and made 30 jars of peach jelly (Let's just say it required a group effort.).
I had the worst summer ever. I went to Michigan to visit a friend I hadn't seen in two years but while I was there I did a lot of chores, had to put up and take down a 200 foot slip n' slide (It's a lot harder than it sounds. Again, quite a group effort.) and by the time I got back I had sixty bug bites on one leg! Then I went to North Carolina but got stuck in MAJOR traffic on the way there for hours and we had to leave early because of the hurricane. Then I had to relearn to swing dance because evidently I learned a different style (Seriously? Why can't we just have one?) and burnt my finger on boiling jelly. Not to mention all the huge gaps of time between all these events. Boring much?
You would think those were different events, or at least different people. But in reality, the exact same things happened. The difference all depends on how you choose to look at them. How's your perspective?

1 comment:

  1. Pooooorrrr you. Bug bites are THE worst. I mean really. But my perespective is that MY OLDER SISTER ALMOST GOT SICK ON THE WAY TO NC AND KEPT COMPLAINING ABOUT TRAFFIC AND WOKE ME UP WHEN I WAS JUST FINE SLEEPING THROUGH IT! I MEAN- WHO DOES THAT?!! I MEAN YOU SHOULDVE BEEN DANG GRATEFUL TO BE ABLE TO GO THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Ungrateful... ;)

    ReplyDelete