Thursday, June 30, 2011

Why My Voicemail is for the Morgue

Most people have a voicemail that goes something like "Hi, this is ____. Leave me a mesage." Or some other atrociously boring voicemail incredibly similiar to that. After answering the phone with "County Morgue, you stab 'em, we slab 'em," "You kill 'em, we chill 'em." "Kelly's pool hall, Kelly speaking." (the latter being in memory of my Grandpa who used that line) Or my brother's personal favorite, "Guido's pizza, we don't deliver and the box costs extra, how can I help you?" I decided that I had had enough of it!
I would not succumb to the routine, criminally same voicemail everyone seemed cursed to have. So I made my voicemail for the morgue. The Caudill Family Morgue to be exact. Complete with instructions on storing the body until further communications. Of course this led to hysterical reactions from my friends, with a few horrified ones thrown in for good measure. Although I can't say anyone was surprised, seeing as how they all should have expected it from me. I've never described myself as a nonconformist, but almost everyone else has. If a refreshingly different voicemail is what it means to be a nonconformist, well then the world would be better off if more people decided to see it my way. The right way of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment